Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lock, stock and barrel!!

This would be my last post to this blog!!!

Total of 103days in Australia! Phew!!!!

I would like to share all the changes brought into me with this trip. I titled this trip as ‘Sajaa-e-kalapaani’. But eventually, this trip will remain in my memory as a wonderful experience. These changes were only due to fact that I was in a foreign country and there was no one to take care of me. These habits cultivated slowly in to me, coz I had no other option.

Cooking – I can say that I have learnt cooking rice, dal, tomato curry and noodles perfectly. The quality of it went on to become better every day. In the beginning it used to take atleast 2 hours to cook the food, but then the time reduced drastically to 45min. I even tried my hands on baking cookies but was not successful. But experimenting with food gives a lot of fun. Like adding some amount of sambhar powder to dal while cooking makes dal more delicious. Eating the food you prepared always makes you feel good.

Time management – I had to get up on my own and be in the company before 9:00am. It was hard to manage the time such that I even have my breakfast before leaving for office. But slowly getting up early became a routine and also less painful. I have also started implementing multi tasking not only at work but also in the room. At work, I troubleshoot one virtual machine while code on one virtual machine and surf net on my own system. This way I was able to complete the tasks for the day. At room, I cook food, while dishwasher and washing machine are working and while listening to loud music, I take a shower.

Discipline – Living on your own, requires a lot of discipline. If you are lazy, you will starve and ruin your day. You got to get up early, cook food on time and always take time for leisure to sit near the riverside listening to music.

Fun – Living alone, gives a lot of time to think. Before coming here, I was never alone; I always used to have lots of friends surrounded. First few days were very uneasy, but slowly I started adapting it. I started doing new things, like writing posts, working on Photoshop etc. I started finding ways to have fun on my own like playing video games, go to swimming.

Though, the trip could have been more fun-filled if I had at least one friend with me, but still the experience was one of its kinds. I am sure I would never get this much quality of time for myself again in my life, but I would not like to have this experience again. These 103 days were enough for being lonely.

This blog was my closest friend for these three months. I will miss you, my dear blog!!!

With lots of love,
Yours lovingly,

Nitin

No comments: