Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life in Brisbane

Brisbane life is much easier than what it was in Sydney. Here u see more relaxed Environment. U find very less traffic on roads and lot many tourist places than in Sydney! The nearest beach is just 5min drive from my hotel! And nearest theater is at 5min of walk.

As expected from a small place, people here are very friendly and curteous enough to reply us back.

From the professional Prespective, My client 'Queensland Government' is too prfessional with their work and expects lot more professionalism from us too. I got to come to office before 9am and should leave by 5pm. It was a misconception on my part in believing that work at client side will be very different than what I do in INDIA. It is very much similar, only thing is we got to follow all standards and document every thing that we are doing here. Security of every application and Licenceing of the application is a bit different here.

Martin, Nardia, Tim and Kyle are very friendly. Tim gives me timetables and maps where I can have fun in the weekend. Workplace environment is not as relaxed as it was in INDIA, but I can listen songs occasionaly but only on headphones!

Next big thing, I am waiting for is my visit to Melbourne! If not for work, will go on my own to see the place!

No comments: