Friday, March 28, 2008

HoneyMoon Period is over

After completing my work at IAG, and also completing with the customization issues for AMP I had no work. When I asked Mark for the next good thing in which I will be involved into, he was confused but said that I would staying in Sydney for 2 weeks more.

As I was going to stay for two more weeks, I filled my refrigerators with a full stock of beer, wine, eggs, milk etc, But the very next day I got a call from Martin that I need to be in Brisbane in another 3 days. Though it was sad coz there were lot of things in refrigerator which cant be finished in 3 days, but I was excited for the Brisbane trip. I stayed in Sydney for 20 days.
The new Client Queensland Governement had a pretty good office. It was large enough that it took me two days to actually memorize the route from security to the IT department. Anyways, the very first shock I got regarding the work I am supposed to do was that of Environment. It was again Clustered environment with Websphere, and this time I had to create the setup from Scratch. The more frustrating thing is that the environment which I am going to make will also need to be configured for LDAP. Now the icing on cake, I had to replicate this envirnment for UAT, DEV and Production environment as well.

Apart from the environment setup, I also had to write scripts which will extract data from there legacy LMS system to SABA. The very first day they gave me the details of Dev machine on which I had to make the setup and also schema Diagram of there Legacy system. I could imagine that the tough days has just begun, while the honeymoon period of Sydney is over!!! :(

No comments: